Tuesday 15 January 2013

'Pomegranate and Spoon' becomes 'Pomegranate, Spoon and Knife'!

'Pomegranate, Spoon and Knife'
8" x 8"
oil on board

SOLD
I've never thought that this painting was quite complete so today I added another object, the knife.  It's quite tricky adding another object after a painting is finished without it looking added on or out of place. I applied more paint around the area where the knife was to be placed so as to achieve softer edges. That seemed to do the trick. Now I feel the painting is resolved.


1 comment:

  1. I like how the knife is directing the eye to the pom, but from an oriental point of view the painting should have an odd number of objects. maybe you want to add an insect crawling on the side of the knife/ dish, etc. Just a suggestion though; i love it.

    ReplyDelete