Tuesday 30 July 2013

Saturday Morning Market


20" x 30"
canvas board


I'm taking a different approach for this piece. I've drafted out the composition in charcoal which I don't normally do. I usually go straight in with paint, but the composition was fairly complex and I didn't want to leave too much to chance. Contrasts, both colour and value will be key in this piece in order to separate the abstract shapes and create the distance. I'm looking forward to painting all these different individuals from the man in the foreground reading his shopping list (buying for his dinner party that evening?)...to the woman way in the distance holding a cup of tea. You may recognise the two characters on the far right, the mother and son from a previous painting 'Ice Cream on a Cold Afternoon'.

No comments:

Post a Comment