Friday 28 September 2012

Felt tip drawings








I was lucky enough to be given some art materials this afternoon...how exciting! and as I was going through them I came across some very colourful children's washable felt tips. The range of colours in felt tip sets are generally limited and a bit garish and in this pack I only had eight colours which consisted of bright pink, red, yellow, two blues, two bright greens and a brown. Nonetheless I thought I'd see what I could do with them. The challenge was to introduce some degree of subtlety into the colouration. Although the extreme brightness of the colours can be a disadvantage, at the same time, even when water was added to the colours, they kept their vibrancy, much like ink does but unlike watercolour which has a tendency to dry lighter. They were definitely interesting and fun to use...I would recommend them! 






No comments:

Post a Comment