Tuesday 3 June 2014

Portrait of a Woman

charcoal on scored paper
50cmx50cm


It's been a while since my last post but in between then and now I've had six radio interviews, been to Spain and back and, not before time, reorganised and tidied my studio! During the big sort out I had a look through past drawings and came across this one. It hasn't been exhibited before and I think it may go in my next show. I made this piece using my usual process of scoring into the paper surface first without any preliminary drawing. I like the marks this way of working produces and the unpredictability of the resulting image. I have another piece to show you in the next couple of days that I've recently finished and the work on the easel right now is an abstract piece (also for the next show) which could be ready soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment