Friday 3 January 2014

'Nox'


Prior to Christmas I was working on a commissioned portrait (double portrait I might add) which I agreed to take on at the last minute. As it was to be given as a Christmas present,  I am glad to tell you I managed to finish it just in time...phew!! I was happy with the result and hopefully the recipient was too :)
'Nox'  (Roman Goddess of Night) is my first work of the new year. I'm experimenting with smaller tesserae for this piece so it's taking more time to assemble. Therefore, progress is slower and therefore, it's demanding even more patience...very testing!! The drawing was made with coloured charcoal which I love. I discovered coloured charcoal two or three years ago and have been using it ever since. If you like earthy colours and you like working with charcoal, I would definitely recommend these.

I'd like to take this opportunity to wish you all a happy, peaceful and bountiful 2014
And have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment