Tuesday 26 February 2013

'Jackie' almost finished

'Jackie'
12" x 16"
oil on stretched canvas


Yey...I had such a lovely afternoon painting 'Jackie'...I love it when a plan comes together! I'm pleased with my afternoon's work as I managed to arrive at the 'almost finished' stage as I hoped I would. I don't want to do much more to the painting, I just have to resolve the surrounding area by cooling the colour. I used my usual limited palette cadmium red, raw sienna, burnt sienna, ultramarine blue, titanium white and cerulean blue. I wouldn't be without cerulean blue in my palette when painting flesh tones as it's a useful colour for cooling the mix and for creating a variety of greys. 
I'll post the completed painting when it's finally finished!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry Ann. I thought I was commenting on the completed portrait of Jackie, not the build up one to it. All the best.
    Vic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Vic, but I hope you like the finished version too...I'll be posting it soon.

    ReplyDelete