Monday 14 May 2012

Back from London

What a weekend! My first live opera, which was just brilliant and the rest of the time idled away in galleries. It was a real treat to be able to take my time and not have the usual rush to see as much as is humanly possible in one day before charging back to meet the coach or catch the train with only a minute to spare!  
I ended up in the sculpture hall in the V&A museum (somewhere I haven't been to in a very long time) and made some drawings from the sculptures which I have posted here for you to see.   


Study of the head of Neptune from the sculpture
 'Neptune and Triton'  
by Giovanni Lorenzo Bernini 1622-3 

Drawing from the sculpture
'Mother and Child'
by Alfred Turner 1936


2 comments:

  1. I'm glad for you! And I love your drawings...you are very talented :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As always very encouraging words from you Bayda...thankyou.

      Delete