Thursday 26 September 2013

Preliminary drawing

In my last post which, oh my, I realise now was two weeks back! I showed you a piece that I was experimenting with. Well...in between then and now I have explored all avenues with it. It's been pushed, pulled, chopped up, chopped up again and guess what...it's now been binned!! I don't easily give up on any piece and try to push it through to some sort of conclusion but this time I was definitely beaten...grrrrrr! On the positive side though (and there always is one so they tell me :)) I did learn alot from it...even if it was mostly what doesn't work! The piece above is my next victim. It's another drawing I made earlier. I just thought I'd show you whilst it's in the preliminary stages. I've cut it through the centre as a starting point and will endeavour to work outwards from there...and will needless to say, try not to mess up on this one! It's a slow process so don't expect a progress report too soon, although, I am getting quicker at it...what I really need is a studio assistant to do all the sticking work, hmmm...in my dreams!! 

2 comments:

  1. This is powerful and to me that means tops! Can't wait to see what comes next.
    Would love to be your studio assistant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou so much Julie. That's very encouraging :)

    ReplyDelete