Friday 21 February 2014

Large mosaic piece finished!

30" x 21"
Scored and cut paper



Yay...the large mosaic piece that I've been working on is finished at last!!! It's been a fascinating process watching the drawing taking on a life of its own with patterns and rhythms emerging from the surface. I've been using varying sizes of tesserae throughout and it's this that has generated the patterns and rhythms and on this larger scale they become more noticeable. I feel the drawings are taking on added strength through fragmenting and rebuilding them. I've planned one more large piece and two more small and with my deadline approaching there's no time to lose! I'll keep you posted on my progress but in the meantime I'll be posting some more tablet drawings, so look out for those.



No comments:

Post a Comment